I’m new to blogging and it’s hard to keep up with trends on a budget. What are some staple pieces every fashion blogger should have in their closet?
Let’s Talk Budget
If you’re a blogger on a budget, thrift stores, off-season sales, and ebates should be your best friends. Everyone knows that fashion repeats itself, so thrift stores are a great place to go to find items that are currently trending. This way you don’t have to invest a ton of money in clothing that you may or may not be wearing from season to season.
You should also pick up some of those really quality items that you can add to your closet during seasonal sales. You can find great items that you may not be able to wear at the moment, but you can pull them out when you need them as the seasons change.
Ebates is a cash back shopping site that allows you to earn money when you shop online (the percentage you get back varies depending on the store). You can sign up here to start earning money for shopping. I never buy anything online without checking ebates first, and I have received payments from them.
Closet Staples For Bloggers
When you first start blogging, one of your fears or worries may be how you are going to keep up with all of the latest fashions, but don’t try to. If your blog is about personal style, you should be showcasing the things that you like to wear whether they are trendy or not. On the other hand, if you just want to discuss trends on your blog, you don’t have to necessarily buy everything that you talk about. Some blogs are not about personal style, but people like them because they find useful information about shopping and current trends. My blog features my personal style so there are a few basic items that I like to keep accessible in my wardrobe that will work with a variety of looks and truly are closet staples. Here they are:
- Coats – Every fashion blogger needs a coat for all those times when you have to take pictures in the freezing weather (if you live an area that has cold winters). Coats are staples pieces that you will wear all of the time.
- Scarves – Scarves are an amazing accessory to add to your shirts, wear on your head, and even wrap around your waist.
- Statement Necklace – Add a necklace to your wardrobe that you can pair with a lot of outfits.
- Handbags – Every blogger needs a staple handbag that you can showcase with a variety of outfits. I am still on the hunt for “that one” bag, but you don’t need a lot of them if you invest in a quality one.
- Denim Jacket – I always knew I needed a denim jacket, but it took me a long time to find the perfect one. Denim jackets are a blogger staple because the outfit options are endless and they are great layering pieces.
- Pumps – You need a classic pair of pumps that you can wear often and that will match almost everything in your wardrobe.
- Pencil Skirt – You will not regret adding a pencil skirt to your wardrobe because they can be paired with any style of top.
- Hats – Add some hats to your accessories wardrobe for those times when you hair may be a mess, but you need to blog. Hats are meant to be worn a lot, so throw them on with all your favorite looks too.
- Blazer – If you are a fashion blogger you probably already have a blazer in your closet, but if you don’t-grab one! Blazers are classic and look great with absolutely everything.
I hope this post helps you to gather some items that you can use to showcase all of your fabulous looks. Don’t feel pressured to shop all of the time. It is important to use the items that you already have in your closet, and add those staple items that you can mix and match within your wardrobe. If you have any questions leave them below or tweet me.