The saying “there is enough room for everybody,” is one of the truest statements ever made. It is estimated that there are 7 billion people on this earth. There are so many people who are waiting for you to share your gifts and knowledge with them; that is your duty. One of the major questions that I have been receiving is, “What do I do when I feel like everything has already been done?” I believe that many of you are putting way too much pressure on yourself because the reality is that most people do not have an original or creative blog, but you are an original! It’s your voice and your talent that separates you from the crowd (not just your subject matter). It is time to revamp your thinking, so today I’m sharing 5 ways to overcome the “It’s Already Been Done” rut.
- Be of service to others. When you focus on the needs of your audience you don’t have to worry about being original. Take the time to see what your blog audience responds to. What post do they like the best? What questions are they asking? It is important to be a leader within your blog niche, but solving problems should be your first priority, not being original.
- Stop Comparing! If a topic has been written about a million times, it is not your job to compare your work with other people’s. You have a unique voice that is specifically designed for your audience. I recently wrote about this topic on my fashion blog, and I mentioned the importance of understanding your purpose in life. Your perspective and unique voice matters to your audience.
- Give Yourself Time Grow. Everyone starts out as an amateur! As you continue to blog and learn, you will begin to develop your own unique voice and ideas on how to present information. You may need to refocus, there is an article on iBlog Magazine today that focuses on “How To Accomplish More With Your Content by Doing Less.” It’s a very interesting read, and you may need to refocus to develop your ideas. Everyone starts at the bottom but remember “the cream always rises to the top.” So if you want to be successful with your blog, you have to keep working and give yourself the time to grow.
- Choose Success Over Fear. There is a scripture in the bible that says, “For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.” (Proverbs 23:7) This same principle can be applied to the goals that you have for your life and your blog. If you work hard and believe that you are creative and have information to share with the world, you will succeed. If you are insecure about your abilities and don’t believe that you have original and innovative ways to disseminate information you will never achieve your goals. You have to choose to be positive and put the work in.
- Be entertaining. I don’t mind seeing the same dress or products a million times if you can keep me interested or make me laugh. You have to learn to use your personality to your advantage, whether you are humorous, sarcastic or very serious. You have a special quality that will make people take notice; you just have to figure out what it is that makes your content shine!
Please leave your tips for getting out of “The Everything Has Been Done” rut below. I would love to read your thoughts.