Instagram has become a very powerful tool that I use daily to connect with my supporters, inspire, market my products, and promote my brand. It is not just about getting followers or likes. It is about building an audience with your core demographic (the people that your brand was created to serve). There are many reasons why Instagram is the place to be and why you should be using it as a blogger, but here are a few of my top reasons:
- It’s free! Instagram is not like Facebook. To get your posts seen on your Facebook blog or business page, “You have to pay to play.” There are strategies that can help you get more organic traffic, but who has the time for that. Instagram makes engaging, marketing, and promoting a breeze (at the moment).
- Instagram was the fastest growing social media network in 2015. Engagement, hashtag use, and use among brands have increased steadily. Instagram is on fire, so why wouldn’t you be using it.
- Images are more powerful than words. People love beautiful pictures and helpful content. If you can create content on Instagram that people want to share-you will grow your platform very quickly.
- It is much easier to get engagement on Instagram than any other platform at the moment. According to Hootsuite, Instagram’s per-follower engagement rate for top brands is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter. What you should desire the most on your social media platforms is engagement, not followers. Followers mean nothing if they are not active.
- It is very easy to develop a marketing strategy. Instagram is a platform that can fit the unique needs of your brand. This is a platform that really allows you to use imagery, color, photo size, text, and so much more to help you build a brand and a hardcore following for your blog. This is the platform that makes it easy for you to promote a business (because who is just a blogger anymore).
You may have these questions about Instagram like:
- What do I post?
- How do I use this platform to build an engaged audience that reads my blog?
- How do I increase my likes and followers without compromising my integrity?
- How do I charge to promote on Instagram?
I give you all the answers to these questions in my course Instagram For New Bloggers. I grew my platform by thousands last year, and I have helped other bloggers do the same thing. This course was created to give you strategies on how to grow your blog and influence people to act! You cannot just sit back and wish for your platform to grow. You have to be very deliberate about it.