There seems to be a misconception that you have to have certain things to start your blog, but this is simply not true. The most important factors in starting your blog are time and dedication. I started blogging many years ago with no prior knowledge of how to do anything. I live in a rural town in NC, and I didn’t have a lot of resources, but I had the knowledge to figure it out! So today I am going to dismiss some of the myths about starting a blog.
- You don’t need money. When you are just getting into blogging you do not need one dime because there are free sites such as Blogger and the free version of WordPress that you can use to start a blog. Check out my post on “How To Start A Blog” that will give you some help with the process.
- You don’t need a fancy camera. After many years of blogging, I upgraded to this camera, but you don’t need an expensive camera when you are just starting out (if you don’t already have one). You should start out slow and make sure that blogging is truly something that you are going to be consistent with first. Camera technology has developed so much in the last couple of years. I know of bloggers that take amazing pictures using an iPhone, so there is always a way.
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money shopping. No matter what the niche of your blog is, you should start by using or showcasing the items that you already have. Teach people what you already know with what you already have and see if your blog gets some traffic.
- You don’t need a large social media following to start a blog. You build a following over time anyway, not overnight. Once you start blogging consistently, people will begin following you and supporting your blog.
- You don’t need to live in a big city. I live in a very rural town in North Carolina. When I first started blogging I never imagined that I would be able to work with brands, meet influential people, or find my place within my blogging niche, but I did. Blogging is global and all you need is a computer and a vision to make it happen!
If you have any tips to share please leave them below or tweet me!