I know that as a new blogger you may be thinking, why do I need an email list, especially when you are in the beginning stages of your blog. If I was starting my blog right now I would make sure that I had an email list before I focused on anything else, including a blog. There is so much power in an email list and if you don’t understand that early in the game, you may be setting yourself up for failure. Here are some reasons why you need to start building your email list today!
- You don’t own any social media platform (and if you do hook me up-lol). Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are all great ways to build exposure for your blog, but you do not own them. What would you do if your account was deleted and you did not have a way to contact all of the people who are subscribed to you on your social media outlets? Think about it.
- As bloggers we all should be providing useful content and finding creative ways to build an engaged audience. An email list is the perfect way to share exclusive content and encourage your supporters to share your content. When you have a person’s email list, you basically have personal access to them and that is invaluable.
- Your are missing out on money-making opportunities when you do not have an email list. Smart bloggers understand how to use affiliate marketing within their emails. This is a place to share the products that you love, as well as your own products and services. You are missing out on earning potentials when you don’t have an email list. There are expert bloggers who spend a lot of time creating blog funnels. A funnel is “marketing strategy process” that is used to get a desired result from your audience, whether you are looking for some form of support or a sale.
So where do you get started?
- Sign up for an account with mailchimp. This the emailing system that I use, and while I have to pay for my service (due to the number of subscribers that I have). You can use this service for free as long as you have less than 2,000 subscribers.
- After you sign up at mailchimp, watch my tutorial below on how to set your first list and send your first email off!